Moisture analysis covers a variety of methods for measuring moisture content in both high level and trace amounts in solids, liquids, or gases. Moisture in percentage amounts is monitored as a specification in commercial food production. There are many applications where trace moisture measurements are necessary for manufacturing and process quality assurance. Trace moisture in solids must be controlled for plastics, pharmaceuticals and heat treatment processes. Gas or liquid measurement applications include dry air, hydrocarbon processing, pure semiconductor gases, bulk pure gases, dielectric gases such as those in transformers and power plants, and natural gas pipeline transport.
Applications and Solutions:
- √ Quartz Crystal Microbalance technology
This Process Moisture Analyzer provides highly reliable, fast and accurate measurement of moisture content in a wide variety of carrier gases. It has a lower detection limit of 0.1 ppmV with reliable accuracy at sub-ppm trace moisture levels. The latest developments in Quartz Crystal Microbalance technology can measures moisture levels effectively even in gases with changing background compositions. It is fully certified for use in hazardous areas.
This kind of analyzer requires only minimal routine maintenance to ensure low cost of ownership.
- √ Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscope
The next generation TDLAS Analyzer for automatic online measurement of moisture in variable compositions of natural gas and biomethane. This Analyzer employs the latest techniques in laser absorption spectroscopy and signal processing power to offer a robust high performance analyzer, designed specifically for the measurement of moisture in natural gas. This non-contact technology requires minimal maintenance, even in demanding applications such as changing methane concentrations or sour gas. The analyzer is fully hazardous area certified and delivers class-leading measurement performance, stability and detection sensitivity.
√ quartz crystal oscillator technology
This Analyzer provides extremely accurate measurement of trace levels of moisture in a gas through the use of a quartz-crystal oscillator sample cell.
- It is the most accurate trace moisture measurement technology available.
- It responds far faster to both increasing and decreasing moisture levels.
- It is specific to moisture in most applications.
- It provides a much more rugged sensor.
Because of these advantages, the quartz-crystal oscillator has become the industry standard for applications ranging from ultrahigh purity semiconductor gases to natural gas streams containing 30% H2S.
Typical applications are:
- Molecular sieve dehydration of natural gas
- Natural Gas transmission and storage
- Refinery catalytic reforming — recycle gas monitoring
- Ethylene and propylene production
- LNG production / revaporization
- Glycol dehydration of natural gas
- Custody transfer
- Offshore export pipeline natural gas